We are open!
In line with the step-wise easing of COVID-19 restrictions we have returned to face to face consultations for appropriate patients in both our Toowoomba and Gold Coast clinics.
Has anything changed when I come to the clinic?
To ensure that we are protecting our patients, our community and our team, we have made some changes to our admission process. We will be conducting more pre-admission phone calls and we have commenced an on-line registration process so that we limit the direct contact points during your visit.
- You will be asked some questions that will help us determine if you are at a higher risk of having been in contact with someone with COVID-19.
- You will be directed to on-line resources on our web site in preparation for your consultation
- We will restrict the number of accompanying people to one other in the clinic and during a consultation.
- We will also ask you to wash your hands on arrival, or to use the hand sanitiser that has been provided.
- Our clinical team will be wearing masks and gloves when they provide treatments and post-surgical care for you.
- We can provide a mask for you if you wish to wear one.
- We also ask that you maintain appropriate social distancing while you are in our clinic, including in the waiting room.
- We will be limiting number of people in the clinic at any one time and you may be asked to wait outside until it is time for your appointment.
You will still have the option of a virtual consult if you are still choosing to social distance and this is especially so for at risk patients. Depending upon the problem we are seeing you for, we may still need to see you in person before you can proceed with your surgery. For some procedures we will only be performing virtual consultations. Our team will let you know at the time of booking if this will affect your consultation with A/Prof Magnusson.
Our team is still here to support you by phone and online
We are still here to support you, and our team are available between 8.30am and 4pm each day. You can phone 1300662960, send a text to +61 488 857 510, email email@example.com or contact us through the web chat or enquiries features of our website www.drmagnusson.com.au.
What about my upcoming surgery?
The restrictions on elective surgery are being lifted in a stepwise pattern according to QLD Government plans. We have many patients who had their scheduled date for surgery deferred and we will be reaching out as the restrictions allow. Any patient who has surgery delayed due to this situation can request a full refund or choose to retain their place in the surgical ‘queue’ once we are able to operate again.
What about my post-operative care?
This will be undertaken observing appropriate social distancing. Required in-clinic care is still taking place. During these visits to the practice we encourage patients to come alone or with a single support person if necessary.
These are interesting times and we are gradually accommodating to our new normal however it is an extremely difficult time for some. We urge everybody to stay safe, wash your hands often and socially distance. What we all want to avoid is a second outbreak and a reparations oaf the forced closures and self-isolation.
Follow the government’s directions
This situation is still fluid and may change without notice.
You can get more information from the government’s website or the Corona helpline on 1800 020 080.
The Federal Govrnernment’s coronavirus website.