A breast reduction can bring balance to the lives and figures of women from Toowoomba, across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, meanwhile decreasing the strain on the back and neck by removing excess breast tissue.
Results of Brest Reduction Procedure
The results of reduction surgery vary from one patient to another, and A/Prof Magnusson has worked with hundreds of patients over the years in his Toowoomba and Gold Coast practices of many ages and body shapes.
Breast Reduction surgery has a high success and patient satisfaction rate. In most cases, the reduced size and mass of a patients’ breasts lifts the physical and emotional burden they have been experiencing, which in turn improves their quality of life.
Some of the benefits patients report after breast reduction surgery include:
- Relief of pain between the shoulder blades in the upper back and neck pain.
- Reduced weight that makes movement and exercise easier
- Improved breathing and posture
- Relief from shoulder and skin irritation beneath the breasts from pinching, pulling, uncomfortable bras
- Many women with large breasts are also very self-conscious of their size and this problem is also addressed very reliably by this surgery
A/Prof Magnusson will talk with his patients about their goals. The combination of this discussion and your examination will allow him to customise the operation for you. Most women would like to have breasts proportional with their body shape, but some will wish for more substantial reductions. It is important for you to establish your goals before proceeding with surgery and A/Prof Magnusson will assist you in clarifying these as they will dictate the method and extent of your procedure.
The breast reduction procedure involves removing breast tissue in addition to reshaping and lifting the breast, which results in smaller, more proportionate breasts with a reduction in the physical symptoms that are the usual reason women are considering this procedure.
Am I a Candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery?
Some of the problems patients who need a breast reduction experience are:
- Back or neck pain caused by the weight of their breasts
- Skin irritation and rashes caused by moisture in the fold below the breasts
- Difficulty moving and exercising because of breast weight and placement
- Grooves and marks on shoulders, back, and chest skin from uncomfortable bras
- Disproportionate breasts that cause a dissatisfying body shape
- Oversized, sagging breasts that cause a dissatisfying body shape
Book a breast reduction consultation in Toowoomba or the Gold Coast
Whether you’re located in Brisbane, Toowoomba, the Gold Coast or elsewhere in Queensland, A/Prof Magnusson is available to provide you information on breast reduction surgery, including the risks and recovery periods, and additional procedures including breast lifts and abdominoplasty. Arrange a consultation at either his Toowoomba or Gold Coast clinics today by contacting reception.
Breast Reduction – frequently asked questions
If you have concerns about more than one body area, you may be able to treat multiple areas during the same operation. Some common procedure combinations include abdominoplasty with breast surgery, arm and breast surgery, and arm and thigh surgery.
However, there are a number of factors that influence whether it is safe to combine surgeries, such as
- Body Weight
- Medical conditions, i.e. diabetes, heart and lung problems, smoking
However, this is typically elective surgery and it is important that this is performed safely, as opposed to performing marathon procedures for the sake of efficiency. As every patient’s circumstances are unique, A/Prof Magnusson will discuss the possibility of combining procedures during your consultation.